Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

New GMAT Focus Edition exam

by StaceyKoprince Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:15 pm

If you haven't heard the news yet, GMAC will be launching a new version of the GMAT later in 2023. As of today, they've released some info but not yet all of the info—I explain everything we know in this blog post: https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/blog/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-gmat-focus-edition/

The current (soon to be old) version of the GMAT exam will be available until at least early 2024, so if you are studying right now or planning to take the exam this year, you don't need to change your plans at all. Keep doing what you're already doing and feel free to ignore any news about this new version of the exam.

If you're interested in learning more (or planning to take the exam in 2024 or later), I'll keep updating the above post with new information as it becomes available. I would expect that the rest of the info will be released in the next 2-4 weeks.

(You're probably thinking: Why didn't they release all the info at once? Their original plan was to release everything at once—but later in March. Some information leaked early, though, which forced them to acknowledge some of the details before they were ready to announce the full plan. So...full plan coming soon!)
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: New GMAT Focus Edition exam

by StaceyKoprince Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:51 pm

They've released a little more info and I updated the main blog article (linked in my prior post).

The new test will launch in Q4 (ie, October to December). New prep materials will be available by the end of Q2 (ie, by the end of June).

The news doesn't change my advice. If you want to apply in 2023 or be done with the GMAT this year, take the old exam. If you are planning to start studying this year but not take the exam until 2024, then plan to take the new exam.

If you want to start studying now for the new exam, you can use existing exam materials until the new materials are available, as most of the content is staying the same. Study:
    —All Critical Reasoning and Reading Comp material for Verbal. (Ignore Sentence Correction)

—All math topics except for Geometry, as well as both Problem Solving and Data Sufficiency problem types

—All Integrated Reasoning problem types

Happy studying!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep