LSAT® PRIVATE TUTORING
Our most personalized option for LSAT prep
Led by 99th-percentile instructors, our private LSAT tutoring gives you focused, 1-on-1 study sessions tailored to your skill level.
LSAT private tutoring is available in-person and online
We know that studying for the LSAT is hard—that’s why our goal is to take the guesswork out of it. Private tutoring is flexible and customized to your liking, whether you use it to supplement your existing studies or make it your main LSAT prep option.
Tutoring + Class Packages Available. Call 800.576.4628 for details.
Personalized Expert Instruction
Whether in-person or online, our instructors will help you master the LSAT. You get:
- Completely customized LSAT tutoring sessions with one of our expert 99th-percentile instructors
- Hourly tutoring or customized tutoring packages
On-Demand Video Lessons (With 10+ Hour Package)
- Full access to LSAT Interact™, our comprehensive, on-demand learning experience
- 60+ hours of interactive video-based lessons taught by our expert instructors
- Challenge sets and homework explanations
- All lessons available on computer, tablet, and mobile devices
LSAT Prep Plus® Digital Practice Test Integration (With 10+ Hour Package)
Our LSAT syllabi are fully integrated with LSAC’s official digital practice tool. To get access to practice exams, you can add the tool to your purchase right in-cart. Or, if you’ve already purchased it, you can connect your accounts once you enroll in one of our programs. Either way, if you purchase a 10+ hour package, we’ll cover the cost by deducting $99 from your order.
Suite of Online Resources (With 10+ Hour Package)
- Access to LSAT Navigator to make sense of your results
- Interactive online syllabus
- Priority access to our LSAT forums to ask questions and read answer explanations
- Cheat Sheets, Review Logs, flashcards, and more
LSAT Study Materials (With 10+ Hour Package)
Our books cover every topic on the LSAT and—besides the Official LSAT PrepTests—are written entirely by our instructors. You’ll get:
- 5 lb. Book of LSAT Practice Drills, 1st Edition (lets you learn, practice, and review expert-level LSAT skills with over 1,000 pages of drills)
- Logical Reasoning Strategy Guide, 6th Edition (covers all logical reasoning concepts tested on the LSAT)
- Logic Games Strategy Guide, 6th Edition (covers all logic game concepts tested on the LSAT)
- Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide, 6th Edition (covers all reading comprehension concepts tested on the LSAT)
- 10 New Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests with Comparative Reading (a hard copy book of official PrepTests that we've broken into targeted practice sets to get you ready for test day)
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a good candidate for Private Tutoring?
Private tutoring is particularly effective for students who prefer strong guidance and customization in their test preparation program. Some students use Private Tutoring as their sole test preparation method, while others sign up for a few tutoring sessions to supplement self study or a course. If you already have a sense of what your strengths and weaknesses are, private tutoring could be a great way to get help creating and executing a study plan specific to you.
How and when can I get started with Private tutoring?
- First, purchase tutoring hours through our website or over the phone with us;
only packages of hours (10, 20, or 30) are available on the website, but you can purchase any number of hours by calling us at 800-576-4628 / (001) 212-721-7400.
- Fill out the private tutoring survey, a link for which will be sent to you via email once you’ve purchased hours.
- Once we’ve received your survey, our team will work on getting you matched with an instructor. The matching process usually takes 1-3 business days. Once we have you matched, an instructor will typically reach out within 48 hours.
- Once we assign you a tutor, they will contact you via email to set up your first session.
- You’ll complete an online diagnostic test, which will serve as the first assessment tool for your tutor.
- Set a time and date for your first session directly with your tutor, and you’re all set.
Due to high demand, it can sometimes take extra time to get you matched with a tutor. For that reason, we recommend contacting us about 2 weeks prior to your preferred start date.
Where & when does tutoring take place?
All scheduling will take place between you and your instructor directly. Sessions generally last for 2 hours, and most students meet with their tutors once a week. While it may be tempting to schedule multiple tutoring sessions each week, keep in mind that your tutor will be assigning you homework to complete between sessions. You will therefore need adequate time between sessions to complete that work, in order to ensure that you are getting the most out of your time with your tutor.
If you’re doing online tutoring, you will meet in your tutor’s Zoom Tutoring Room – check out a demo of the interactive online platform here! If you’re tutoring with an instructor in-person, you and your tutor will decide on a convenient location – if we have a permanent center in your city, your sessions will likely take place there. Please note that our instructors are generally unable to travel to students’ homes.
What will be covered, and how many hours of tutoring should I do?
You can use private tutoring in a couple of different ways: as your primary preparation, or as a supplement to your current test prep program. You can work through the range of material covered in our Complete Course during your private sessions (with personalized customization), or you can use private tutoring to drill down on specific topics you find challenging. The decision, ultimately, will come down to your specific situation and needs – there is no set tutoring syllabus.
The number of hours you need will also depend on what your goals are and the span of topics you need to cover. Most students who use tutoring as their sole preparation purchase a package of 10 or more hours, which comes with all of our books and online resources. Once you are in touch with your tutor, however, you will be able to discuss with him or her what package will make the most sense for you. Note that you have one year from the date of purchase to use your tutoring hours.
Can I request a specific tutor?
You are welcome to let us know your preference for a particular instructor. We will do our best to accommodate your preference, but we can’t guarantee that the instructor will be able to meet during the times that you’re available.
How long do I have access to my online resources?
You will have access to the online resources for 9 months after placing your initial tutoring order. If you purchase a package of 10+ hours, you’ll have access to the expanded suite of online resources for 9 months after paying for the package. Tutoring hours must be used within one year from the date of purchase.