The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
akki.freaky
Forum Guests

600 in GMAT

by akki.freaky Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:47 pm

Hi,

I just finished my GMAT and scored a disappointing 600 ( Q-49, V-25). Verbal killed it off for me.

I am an Engineer graduate with 1 complete year of experience. I would like to enroll in a decent University (Any top 50) and wont mind doing MS in Finance/Marketing. Is there any possibility I would get a decent university for this mark ? If yes, which are the universities I can get ?

I am just confused a bit now. Any help from u people would be awesome !
abroad10009
Forum Guests

Re: 600 in GMAT

by abroad10009 Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:56 am

Hi buddy,
With this mark,It's quite difficult to enroll in a decent university.But,It might be possible that,some good universities give a chance to low scorers.So,I would like to suggest you that,take an advice from experts.They will suggest you the best.

Good Luck!!!!

immigration canada

moving to canada
kartik.money
Forum Guests

Re: 600 in GMAT

by kartik.money Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:52 pm

If I were you, I would consider a retake. Frankly a 600 score makes your chances at enrolling in a top university pretty slim (since most top universities have the lower end of their median 80% scores at around 690-700). Even a top 50 school may be hard to get into - especially since you only have a year of work experience. Unless you have other attributes in your application that make it stand out to the point where your score does not matter as much, you're likely better off working on a retake? Do you have an idea of why your Verbal score went down?