If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
AllanB695
Students

730 score q47 v44 - unbalanced?

by AllanB695 Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:01 pm

I have just taken the test....got a 730, which I think is a great score, v44 (percentil 98) q47 (percentil 61)...around the average for any B school

i'm Brazilian and English is not my first language... so i'm very happy about my verbal score...I also know that Brazilians are kind of underrepresented, which makes my grade a bit stronger

but it seems too unbalanced...verbal percentil is amazing, but quant percentil seems to be too low.

do you guys think this could harm my application? is this quant score particularly low? or am I worrying too much?

i won't be able to give another shot until august because i'm taking cfa lvl III, which is an important part of my application, and then vacation...i'm really hoping to apply in the first round and not sure if I have the mental strength to try again gmat...I'm a bit exhausted for now

pls give advice

tks!
mbaMissionKate
Prospective Students

Re: 730 score q47 v44 - unbalanced?

by mbaMissionKate Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:40 pm

Hi AllanB695,

I agree that is a great score, especially if English is not your first language. Don't be too focused on the percentiles, as I think the raw scores are more relevant and like to see a 47 or higher for Quant. So I think you're in a great position for top schools (assuming your undergraduate GPA is also strong) and agree that being from Brazil may give you a slight edge too.

You should also read this post on our blog on this very topic: https://www.mbamission.com/blog/2014/08 ... to-get-in/

I think you're safe to switch gears to your CFA and then begin preparing your Round 1 applications!

Good luck,
Kate
Kate Richardson
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
kate@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php