If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
AishwaryaS542
Students

760 GMAT - Profile Evaluation + Should i Retake?

by AishwaryaS542 Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:15 pm

Hi team

I am an Indian female with a 760 GMAT score (44 V, 50 Q, 4.5 AWA and 6 IR). I am keen on Insead spring 2018 intake. PFB my profile:

Profile - MBA from top indian bschool, 29 YO, 5 year marketing workex in top international global energy/oil&gas firm. I have had 3 full time roles of about a year and a half each (one in b2b sales, one in category management, one in brands and communications) and 1 part time role (last 6 months during which i backpacked across India and worked in External relations). Feb onwards i join back full time and hopefully work in the energy transitions space. i have been working closely for some of the projects directly under my country head. i have decently strong acads all through out. In terms of interests i read, sketch (have a decent bunch of works), watch foreign films, have experimented with a bit of writing and developed photography as a hobby in the last months. i have held various positions of responsibility (club level and the likes) at school and college. All my experience is in India, save for some prominent projects for which i have actively liaised with global teams or counterparts. i have no volunteering experience.

Reason for doing my second mba - work in the clean energy space. broaden to a more general management profile v/s just a marketing based one. have an international career - especially in energy wise mature markets of europe.

What are my chances at insead? I would be keen on as large a sum of scholarship as i can get. so do i need to re-write the gmat given that Indians usually score high?

am ill timed for american b schools and LBS. also i am not sure how much sense would it make for me to go to IE, Spain or IMD Switzerland since this is my 2nd mba and i want ideally go to the best non-us b school.

Look forward to your reply. thanks.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: 760 GMAT - Profile Evaluation + Should i Retake?

by mbamissionjenK Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:45 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for posting your profile. While you do have some challenges along the way (such as an common profile, and lack of volunteering), I don't feel that the 760 GMAT will be a pitfall in any way, even given your demographic, congrats on a solid score! I would focus your time and energy on how you can best tell your story and make your case in your essays for INSEAD, and INSEAD does have a lot of essays so really take some time there! They do accept a small number of 2nd-MBA applicants but of course no matter what you'll need to make it very compelling as you explain WHY this degree is still vital to your career success. Given that the timing for INSEAD is different from many, you can probably see what happens there and then re-assess only if needed in a few months for other programs in the fall... good luck and keep us posted!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
MinalM530
Prospective Students

Re: 760 GMAT - Profile Evaluation + Should i Retake?

by MinalM530 Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:33 pm

Great stats! Just out of curiosity- Why do you want to do a second MBA if you already have a degree from a top school?
Seems like you already have experience working in the oil/gas industry- Is it hard to pivot into a position in your intended field of interest without getting further education? Would a second MBA help with these prospects, and if so how? Thanks for reading!