The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
davetzulin
Forum Guests

a dumb guy 750 q49 v44

by davetzulin Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi everybody, i'm literally outside the test center stealing wifi to post this. It's funny; before I call those closest to me I'm posting on this forum to people I've never met.

I'll add more to this post later, but if anyone is yet to take this test my wish is that you believe you can do it regardless of the odds... because, well, i think i'm an example.

why? because i'm a guy that took 3 SAT prep classes (thousands of my parents' dollars) ... yea.. 3 of them...back in high school and ended up with a 1280 on my SAT (if i'm not mistaken i tried twice, getting the same score). so standardized tests are not my forte... and I've never been an "intelligent" person by any stretch of the imagination.

Yet, this time I around I do self study entirely (with tremendous help from the staff at manhattan gmat on the forums) and I score higher than my goal.

I'm shocked by the verbal score because my last gmat prep, even with some repeats, i only scored a 41. Also, during the test, at about the halfway mark I had the urge to use the rest room. I flagged the lady down and she came over. I hinted that I wanted to run to the rest room and come back...no.... you had to be signed out, with biometrics, signed back in, and walked back in. i quickly shook my head and said i don't have time for that BS. I proceeded to complete the section. I had trouble the next 10 minuets because the urge was bad, but somehow I got through it. I might have got 1-2 more questions right were it not for the urge, and I kind of wish I didn't have tea during the mid-point (tea being a diuretic).

my practice scores are nothing spectacular,

gmat prep 1: 44 math, verbal not taken
mgmat cats
700 <-certainly a fluke
620 <-i was literally depressed for the day
gmat prep 2 : 740 (with a lot of repeats on verbal) q49;v41

from that trend of scores, it's pretty hard to believe I got what i got on the real thing... so don't let any practice scores de-moralize you, soldier on until you feel ready.

i'll add more about test impressions later on, and best of luck to everyone out there. this has been the culmination of probably 5-6 months for me, so the feeling is unreal. i keep grabbing the score sheet and re-checking because i feel i'm dreaming.
maria.segal.1
Students

Re: a dumb guy 750 q49 v44

by maria.segal.1 Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:31 am

Wow. This is amazing. I'm really happy for you, stranger.
shreerajp99
Forum Guests

Re: a dumb guy 750 q49 v44

by shreerajp99 Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:31 am

Hey,that's a great score!!
Can you share with us your strategy and material used for preparation.

Thanks,
Shreeraj