If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
Raj

Admission Question

by Raj Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:40 pm

Hi

I have given my third attempt at the GMAT and scored a 680 ( Q 49, V 34, AWA 6 ). My earlier two attempts have been 650 and 610. I have 4.5 years experience
in the IT industry with 2.5 years international experience till date . I am looking to apply in the 3rd round at GSB, Stern and Haas . However, I am wondering whether I shud wait for another year or submit an application this year as well. Will a re application be considered a negative next year.

I might look at Goizueta and Cornell as well next year since I will have more time.
Is it possible to take a transfer between schools since I already have an admit from Carlson at Univ of Minnesota ?

Generally what are my chances in these schools with such a profile whether in the 1st or the 3rd round.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Raj
MBAApply

by MBAApply Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:14 am

Transfers between US b-schools for all practical purposes is not possible.

3rd round is tough no matter who you are. But if you are interested in going this fall, then you have no choice but to apply - just know that your chances are worse in the 3rd round. Having said that, given your background, schools such as NYU and Haas are likely hard enough to get in in the first round - so your chances are likely very slim in Round 3.

Also, given that there are so many reapplicants in the pool at any time, it's not seen as a negative - in any given class, a healthy minority were reapplicants who got in.

So whether you should apply now or wait until next year really comes down to how much effort you want to put in and how badly you want to go this year.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
www.mbaapply.com
http://mbaapply.blogspot.com