The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
Bobb

Advise needed badly!

by Bobb Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:36 pm

Hi All,

I'm taking the GMAT on Sep 4th. This is my second attempt. First time I scored 590 (M42,V28). Despite math being my strength I was shocked to see 42 and verbal was my weakness all time. Now for my second attempt I'm preparing since 1 month.

I wrote the first Powerprep and got 650 (M50, V31). Delighted with Math score. My verbal score crossed the 30 mark, which is my minimum target, thanks to couples of questions that came from OG 10 and 11. So this shows that it's not my true performance in Verbal. Now with days to go, someone please suggest a way to tackle Verbal section. I will write the 2nd Powerprep this Sunday and hoping to improve by that time.

To mention my strength is CR, definitely no problem with this and I do pretty well in SC and RC during my untimed tests, but I perform poorly under timed conditions. Don't know why this happens.

MGMAT staff or someone please suggest a good strategy to overcome this problem, otherwise I may end up with the same score of around 600.

Thanks in advance!