If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
sharma16.ash
Students

Advise on school selection for online MBA

by sharma16.ash Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:39 am

I wish to go for online MBA in general management (preferably executive). My profile is hereunder:

Female / Indian / 31 years
GMAT score : 760 / AWA 4.0
Education : Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) from India
Experience : 7+ years as Electrical engineer (includes 5 years in power sector in India, 1 year in power sector in Japan and rest in oil&gas sector in Japan)
Academics : Good
Reason to do MBA: to gain knowledge and increase career prospects

Can you please guide me which colleges will be suitable to apply for considering I am looking for future career in power / oil&gas sector in Australia/Canada after finishing my MBA? As of now, I could shortlist only University of South Dhakota (but still not sure of prospects with this one).

Thanks....
erictwendell
Forum Guests

Re: Advise on school selection for online MBA

by erictwendell Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:20 am

sharma16.ash Wrote:I wish to go for online MBA in general management (preferably executive). My profile is hereunder:

Female / Indian / 31 years
GMAT score : 760 / AWA 4.0
Education : Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) from India
Experience : 7+ years as Electrical engineer (includes 5 years in power sector in India, 1 year in power sector in Japan and rest in oil&gas sector in Japan)
Academics : Good
Reason to do MBA: to gain knowledge and increase career prospects

Can you please guide me which colleges will be suitable to apply for considering I am looking for future career in power / oil&gas sector in Australia/Canada after finishing my MBA? As of now, I could shortlist only University of South Dhakota (but still not sure of prospects with this one).

Thanks....

Actually Australia is bit expensive I believe you should try to get enrolled to any UK university or in Canada would be good. while doing online Master Business Administration degree from their college universities over there also allows their students to work along while learning. This will also let you make your experience count on the other hand you would be able to get another higher degree.
sharma16.ash
Students

by sharma16.ash Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:30 am

'erictwendell'
Thanks for your reply.

I am not planning to work alongwith my studies.
Reason I want to go for online MBA is that I can't take out full working hours from my personal routine, which is busy due to family reasons.
So, I would like to go for a university which would lead me to a good career after finishing my MBA. I prefer Australia because I plan to pursue my career in Australia after MBA.
Anyhow, which university in Canada would you recommend?
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbamissionjenK Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:59 pm

Hi Sharma16,

Congrats on the excellent GMAT score. If you are very interested in working in Australia after the MBA, I would suggest looking into programs at Australian b-schools, either online or part-time or in-person, if possible, as you can begin building connections with Australian companies and networks even while you are studying.

Beyond that, I suggest you consider what type of role you would likely take immediately post-MBA, and then look for a school that makes sense for that role and if possible has a history of producing grads in that area.

For more on choosing schools, see our free download at: http://info.mbamission.com/Selecting-Yo ... ram-E-Book

Good luck and keep us posted!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
sharma16.ash
Students

by sharma16.ash Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:36 am

Jennifer,

Thanks a lot for your advice.
I am not able to access referred e-book, neither via link provided nor by accessing mbamission website. Can you please re-check?

Regards,
Ash
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbamissionjenK Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi Ash,

I informed our web team and they seem to have fixed the link, thank you for the heads up. You would go to this link and enter some brief info and then have access to the free downloads.

http://info.mbamission.com/Selecting-Yo ... ram-E-Book

Hope that helps!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
nelosnp503
Forum Guests

by nelosnp503 Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:15 am

My friend asked me about one-year MBA and thanks to you I have given him the link of book you mentioned. Thanks a lot as it saved my time.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbamissionjenK Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:04 pm

You're welcome! Let us know if you have additional questions. ;)
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

jewela54
Forum Guests

by jewela54 Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:19 am

A ONLINE DBA program from NIBM places the importance on business-related problem-solving and its practical implications. The DBA program does not just involve research, education and academic activities, but is suitable for business executives who wish to contribute to the business community through means such as writing, lecturing, and consulting
jewela54
Forum Guests

by jewela54 Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:42 am

NIBM ONLINE MBA Program develops managers and young executives tooled with the effective business and management skills, vision and courage to lead and steer the world toward a new era of prosperity and coexistence. In teamwork activities, you learn first-hand how to manage differences in values, work practices, expectations, and incentives in order to create greater synergy.
ChristieRuffin
Forum Guests

by ChristieRuffin Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:40 am

Hello. If you have a question - how to choose a college - then find the answer on it here - > https://www.wikihow.com/Choose-a-College , this website will give a better advise for you than people.