If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
JeffreyE238
Course Students

Alternative Transcript

by JeffreyE238 Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:42 am

Applying to top 15 schools with 5 years of experience within the tech industry in progressing business development/operations roles. I have had the good fortune of being at a few different firms that make for a unique story.

I am looking to go back to school to obtain my MBA to pursue a career in a Technology Industry Group at an Investment Bank.

I recently applied to 3 top 15 programs in 2017 as apart of their last round of applications (March). 3 waitlists without interview.

GMAT 710 Q47 V 41
Undergraduate GPA: 2.81 in social science major
Strong Professional Recommendations
Former Division 1 Athlete

I was a liberal arts major who had a few major events of adversity affect me during my undergraduate studies. I took the chance to write about this in my optional essay. I also was participating in a very demanding varsity sport.

My question is this: I would like to build an alternative transcript and apply in Round 1 next year to improve my chances. I think it will help significantly considering poor performance in two specific courses (Accounting and Economics) during my undergrad studies. I am looking at taking courses and wanted an opinion on how AdComms view online coursework versus in-person? I was thinking of potentially taking courses at the UCLA Extension online program due to a travel schedule 3-4 weekdays per week. If it was that much more favorable to take classes at a local community college in person, i could accommodate but only if there is considerable upside? Do Adcoms view supplemental coursework with an online program similarly to UCLA extension with the same merit as a local community college course?

Thanks.
mbaMissionNishaT
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Alternative Transcript

by mbaMissionNishaT Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:11 pm

Please see my response to this later post: https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/foru ... 33605.html

Thanks!
Nisha