Have some thoughts on your particular Instructor or Tutor? Let us know!

Any feedback on Erica Lee/Hemanth Venkatraman/Aileen Nielsen

by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi all,

I am planning on taking a classroom course at the NYC location. Could anyone please let me know if anyone has attended their classes and if so, how you would rate them on their teaching abilities and how they helped you in achieving your desired scores..

I know that I have to put in my efforts as well but considering the fees being charged, I want to make sure that I get the best possible tutor who has had some positive reviews from the recent students.

Any help is greatly appreciated. If you could suggest any particular tutor with whom you have had a good experience, please include their names as well.

Thanks
vgh101

Hemanth

by vgh101 Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:15 pm

I just completed a course with Hemanth as my instructor and I can definitely vouch for him.

I took him particularly because of his background in math, but he's top notch on verbal too so don't worry. He also makes himself very available to the students, sticking around for a bit after class if you need help or even during the break. His techniques for analyzing your assessment reports (which you get through the MGMAT site) and forming a strategy are top notch--probably the most valuable material I got from the whole course.

He also addresses the psychological aspects of the test, like how to mentally be in the right attitude and how not to get discouraged. This can't be underestimated as your mental state during the test (and your prep) is probably as important to your score as your content knowledge. Not many prep books I've seen address this, but he does.

I'm sure the other instructors you asked about are great, too. You won't go wrong no matter who you take, really. I had Hemanth though so I thought I'd share my experiences for your consideration.
yosie

by yosie Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:26 am

hemanth is the man, he's no BS