If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
CarrieZ227
Course Students

Application Rounds for Part Time Programs - Do they matter?

by CarrieZ227 Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:08 pm

Hi,

I am looking to apply to NYU Stern's part-time program but I'm not sure if I should try to apply by their 1st round of deadline (2/15) or apply 2nd round so I can improve my GMAT score. I know that rounds matter for full-time programs, but how about part-time?

Stats:
I currently have a GMAT score of 610, but my MPrep instructor thinks I have the ability to score in the upper 600 range (my goal is 690-710) . I am hoping to take it again in 3 or more weeks, depending on when I apply. The reason I want to apply with a higher than average score on the GMAT is that my GPA is only 2.9 AND shows a downward trend (I didn't do very well my last two semesters). I have 4.5 years of work experience and can get two very solid recommendation letters.

Please let me know as this will determine how my next couple of weeks look like!

Thank you!
mbaMissionKate
Prospective Students

Re: Application Rounds for Part Time Programs - Do they matter?

by mbaMissionKate Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:45 pm

Hi there,

From what I've seen, round matters a bit less for part time programs. But I think the more important reason to wait is that you have the potential for a much higher score, and a higher score will help address a weakness in your profile. So I would wait til you can apply with the best score possible!

Good luck,
Kate

CarrieZ227 Wrote:Hi,

I am looking to apply to NYU Stern's part-time program but I'm not sure if I should try to apply by their 1st round of deadline (2/15) or apply 2nd round so I can improve my GMAT score. I know that rounds matter for full-time programs, but how about part-time?

Stats:
I currently have a GMAT score of 610, but my MPrep instructor thinks I have the ability to score in the upper 600 range (my goal is 690-710) . I am hoping to take it again in 3 or more weeks, depending on when I apply. The reason I want to apply with a higher than average score on the GMAT is that my GPA is only 2.9 AND shows a downward trend (I didn't do very well my last two semesters). I have 4.5 years of work experience and can get two very solid recommendation letters.

Please let me know as this will determine how my next couple of weeks look like!

Thank you!
Kate Richardson
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
kate@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php