If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
MunirK686
Students

Applying before recommended deadline date

by MunirK686 Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:10 pm

I am considering applying to a 1 Year MBA Program. First Round deadline for Two Year Program is in October, however admissions states on the website it prefers 1 Year Program Applicants to apply by Round 2 in November. I am on track to have my application, recommendations, essays, etc. by Round 1. I would be notified in December rather than January if I apply Round 1 vs. Round 2. Would there be any downside to applying by Round 1 deadline even though admissions recommends Round 2?
mbaMissionKate
Prospective Students

Re: Applying before recommended deadline date

by mbaMissionKate Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:07 pm

Hi there, no I don't think there's any downside. Unless you're trying to match up your timing of when you'll receive your decision back from that program with other ones? That's the only reason I can think of. But generally applying earlier is better so if you're ready to go then that's great! Also I'm not sure which school you're talking about, but I suspect that they mean that 1 year applicants should apply either in Round 1 or Round 2, but not after Round 2. I don't think they are advising that you have to apply in Round 2. But either way, yes, I would say you should be just fine to apply now! Good luck and congrats on getting everything pulled together!
Kate Richardson
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
kate@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php