Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.

Avg score improvement

by Guest Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:53 am

Hello,

I'm curious what the average score increase ppl have seen from MGMAT CAT #1 to MGAT CAT #6/Real exam

I know results are probably all over the board, but would love to get a rough sense.

Thanks
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:22 pm

We don't actually calculate that (literally - we don't even do it internally) b/c the only valid way to calculate "score improvement due to MGMAT" is to compare apples to apples with ONLY our course in between. Someone would have to take the official test, take our course immediately after while doing no other outside kind of prep, and then take the official test again immediately after. Not many people do that. We don't calculate internally because we don't even want to be tempted to cite any statistics calculated in a non-statistically-valid way - we're sort of, uh, militant about not putting invalid data out there. There's already enough floating around without us contributing to it.

I can tell you that we ask our students to report their official scores to us and the median score is a little over 700. Note that this number is likely a bit inflated because, psychologically speaking, people with higher scores are more likely to share their scores than people with lower scores. But still - our students tend to do very well on the test. :)
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep

by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:21 pm

Thanks.

Anecdotally, can ppl who have 1) taken MGMAT CAT #1 cold turkey then 2) when through the course then 3) took the real GMAT report score increases they were able to achieve?