Discuss the pros and cons of individual programs, and their admissions criteria, with your peers here.
mcnamara_christopher
Course Students

Benefits of International MBA (school in Australia)

by mcnamara_christopher Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:45 am

I'm curious what people's thoughts are on getting an MBA Internationally. The schools I'm considering are accredited schools, and highly ranked in Australia but probably not widely known in the US. If I pursued this option I would work down there for a few years after and then move back to the US.

I live in Chicago and plan to get appx a 650+ on the GMAT which doesn't put me high enough to get into Northwestern or U of Chicago. I am not very interested in the other 2nd tier programs in Chicago such as at DePaul University or Loyola, or UIC.

I was interested in Australia because I have family there (along with Chicago) whom I could rely on for support.

My question is if it's better to get an MBA from a 2nd tier program in the US rather than have an international MBA on my resume in the future.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
johnmansfield34
Forum Guests

Re: Benefits of International MBA (school in Australia)

by johnmansfield34 Wed May 23, 2012 5:26 am

The benefit of the international MBA in Australia is excellence in research and teaching to foster innovative scholarship in a collegial and creative environment focusing on Information Systems, Information Technology, Business Process and Operations Management. Australian MBAs have a truly international perspective with specific courses focusing on Asia. Other advantages are the flexibility allowed by Australian institutes, the facilities and support for international students and the exposure to Australian business. In addition, a wide range of electives are offered by various institutes. Australian MBAs have a truly international perspective with specific courses focusing on Asia. Other advantages are the flexibility allowed by Australian institutes, the facilities and support for international students and the exposure to Australian business. In addition, a wide range of electives are offered by various institutes.
jenyverma3
Forum Guests

by jenyverma3 Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:45 am

International MBA has a lot of advantages. It allows you to get absorbed in more than one country as the course is valid in many countries. It just opens up more avenues for those who are pursing this course. This is the reason thunderbird laureate came together to take MBA education to next level.
shreyamalhotra62
Forum Guests

by shreyamalhotra62 Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:34 am

there is no offense to international MBA but there are some people who cant afford to got o abroad and study and work.
so for Abroad MBA you can go for london univeristy which is the best among all.
and for all who cant afford much can opt for
amity India