Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
sidhyanshs351
Course Students

Can I zoom in the real gmat ?

by sidhyanshs351 Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:55 am

Hi I am having trouble reading questions. I can zoom them in my browser while doing CAT's

I wanted to know whether I could do the same in an actual GMAT exam
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Can I zoom in the real gmat ?

by StaceyKoprince Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:44 pm

Different browsers sometimes have compatibility issues that make the font larger or smaller—so you might try different browsers to see which one is the best for the study material you're using.

On the actual test, you can't zoom in or out, but generally speaking, if your vision is normal (either by itself or with glasses / contact lenses), then you should be okay on the real test. If you do have any kind of vision issue that specifically impairs your ability to see what would be regular-sized font for others, then you can apply for an accommodation on the test. You would need to show documentation from a doctor / medical professional and then the testing center would work with you to make sure that you can see the test properly.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Can I zoom in the real gmat ?

by StaceyKoprince Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:59 pm

Yes, browsers allow you to zoom in and out, but the test is not given via a browser. The test center interface is locked into a certain size (whether you're testing in a testing center or at home).

The testing organization (GMAC) can provide larger font sizes and other changes for accommodation purposes—you would just have to apply for the specific accommodations that you need.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep