Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
arthurm149
Forum Guests

cant paste my data in the cat review tracker

by arthurm149 Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:55 am

my data dont paste in the spreadsheet, hw can i make it works please ?
pysc487
Forum Guests

Re: cant paste my data in the cat review tracker

by pysc487 Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:47 am

Damn, I'm experiencing the same problem. I've looked all over the internet and even put a lot of postings on various forums stick merge, but no remedy appears to work. I'm quite annoyed; may someone here assist me in resolving this issue? I'm pretty exhausted right now.
IrisK678
Course Students

by IrisK678 Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:51 pm

I just downloaded a fresh version of the CAT Review Tracker and was able to copy+paste the data in without trouble. First, make sure that you're not just copying the question data, but also the header row (the row that says # / ? / Type / etc...).

If you've done that, then the second is to make sure that you paste into the orange box at the very bottom of the spreadsheet first. Then only copy the indicated values into the pink box above.

Hope this helps!
:)
Whit
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:16 pm

Thanks, Whit!

I've also found that the tracker works better when you make your own gSheets copy (vs. downloading into Excel). There are some differences between Sheets and Excel that can cause issues when you convert into Excel and download. (Usually the copy-pasting still works, but there are some issues with some of the formulas.)

Editing to add: I just helped another student with this—every time he pasted, the data went into just one cell vs. individual cells for each data point.

First, note that you do need to scroll all the way down to the orange-colored box, below the place where the data will eventually get pasted.

Next, as Whit noted, copy the header row as well.

Finally, if it still doesn't paste properly (as it didn't for my student), try Paste Special (vs. regular Paste) and choose Values Only. This fixed it for my student—everything then pasted into individual cells, as desired.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
Whit Garner
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by Whit Garner Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:15 pm

I should note that I also "made a copy" as a gSheet (I said "downloaded" but meant to my own GDrive).

:)
Whit
ThomasF700
Forum Guests

by ThomasF700 Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:07 am

It's because the copy area and the paste area are not the same size and shape. You can select the upper-left cell instead of the whole range before you paste. Click the cell where you want the upper-left cell of the copied data to appear. On the Home tab, click Paste. Hope it works.
quordle weaver game
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:26 pm

Thanks, Thomas!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:30 pm

I also added this to my earlier post in this thread: I just helped another student with this—every time he pasted, the data went into just one cell vs. individual cells for each data point.

First, note that you do need to scroll all the way down to the orange-colored box, below the place where the data will eventually get pasted.

Next, as Whit noted, copy the header row as well.

Finally, if it still doesn't paste properly (as it didn't for my student), try Paste Special (vs. regular Paste) and choose Values Only. This fixed it for my student—everything then pasted into individual cells, as desired.

Good luck!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep