Discuss the pros and cons of individual programs, and their admissions criteria, with your peers here.
SiddharthaS518
Forum Guests

Choosing a perfect fit school?

by SiddharthaS518 Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:36 am

I would greatly appreciate if someone can help me chose the schools for application fall-2015

Personal profile: Indian male, 27 year
GMAT: 730 (49Q, 40V, 7 IR, 5 AWA)
Academics:
-> Bachelors of computer science (Pune university)- Passed with distinction

Diploma in Finance (Great Lakes)

Work Ex-

15 months with Tata consultancy services implementing Core banking system in SBI (largest bank in terms of branches in world) and handling all financial reports
-- Among top 5 performers in ILP (Initial learning plan) phase 1 & 2

40 months (present) in Cognizant as Senior research associate for Global oil and gas strategy role.
Tracking all the upstream, downstream movements of oil.
Maintaining ten year forecast of supply, demand and forecasting prices. Working directly with Global strategist.

Highlights:
In-depth Scenario analysis of Iran’s oil embargo and repercussion for global oil prices
-Modeled long-term tight oil supply in US with a key conclusion that energy independence for world's largest consumer might
no longer be a pipe dream
-Examined the nascent adoption of Natural gas and other greener fuels by US Transport sector and its potential long term impact on global oil prices
-Analyzed the widening US crude price differential and its positive impact on downstream oil and has players

Extra-curricular :

-Led a ten member team as a part of "Karmayoga" initiative to a nearby village and helped the people with small business set up through micro-finance understanding and also carried out successful health camps over 3 months (3 hours a week)
-Successfully organized health camps and financial inclusion programs in association with NGOs.
-Won 1st prize in International Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics-2008 for presenting a paper on “Study of video water marking techniques”
-Won 2nd prize in National level technical symposium at PICT - 2008.
-Participated as a speaker in “MASTER STUDENT” programmer organized by ISTE students’ chapter.
-Represented college in Inter-collegiate Chess tournament (2002).

Career Goals
Intend to work in Strategy consulting or finance role. To leverage my present knowledge.

My questions are:
What should be my target colleges -- If I categorise colleges in dream, reach, safe --

Booth, Darden, Wharton, LBS, Ross, Fuqua, Insead, Kellogg, Columbia, HKUST

What is better studying in Europe or USA with my profile?

Thanks in advance,
Siddhartha Sharma
dhruvp386
Forum Guests

Re: Choosing a perfect fit school?

by dhruvp386 Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:05 am

Hello,
I am pursuing my bachelor’s degree in business management. I wish to continue my education with an MBA course. What criteria should I keep in mind while selecting a B school? I am confused about the location as well. Please help.
janiced236
Forum Guests

by janiced236 Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:06 am

dhruvp386 Wrote:Hello,
I am pursuing my bachelor’s degree in business management. I wish to continue my education with an MBA course. What criteria should I keep in mind while selecting a B school? I am confused about the location as well. Please help.

Hey,
There are many things one needs to keep in mind while selecting suitable B school for one self. I feel quality education, enthusiastic environment, global exposure and good placements play an important role while choosing B school.
ayeshaa815
Forum Guests

by ayeshaa815 Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:08 am

If you talk about the education destinations, I think business schools in Asia are really strengthening their role in the global MBA education scene. I know the fact that most of the students choose western countries for their higher studies but Asia is the next big thing. And there are many B schools which are top ranked by different authors.
dhruvp386
Forum Guests

by dhruvp386 Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:11 am

Thank you so much for your reply. I agree with you that placements play an important role for choosing B schools. But how will I get to know as to which B schools have good placements? Because when one looks at the websites, you can’t really trust them. These guys are bound to talk good about themselves.
janiced236
Forum Guests

by janiced236 Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:12 am

I think you should research on top ranked or reputed B schools in Asia to get colleges with good placements. Especially Dubai is an upcoming market when it comes to corporate placements. So you can look for good colleges over there. Also, try and research via neutral party sources that are more dependable like asking an alumnus or checking third party websites or even forums like this one.
dhruvp386
Forum Guests

by dhruvp386 Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:15 am

Yeah, I think Dubai would be suitable for me. But I don’t have any idea about B schools in Dubai. Can anyone please suggest?
janiced236
Forum Guests

by janiced236 Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:16 am

Don’t be lazy! Just go and google colleges in Dubai. I know of a few schools too that I could help you with. Some of the few reputed B schools in Dubai are Manchester Business School, S.P. Jain global, Manipal University, Hult International Business School. These are some which I have across.