gmatuser777
Course Students

Country P’s Olympic Committee

by gmatuser777 Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:58 pm

"Assume that TV rights have just been renegotiated and will increase by 15% for each sport. For each of the following teams, select Yes if the government will still need to provide 5% of the team’s funding. Otherwise, select No."

"Any surplus funding from TV rights or team sponsors reverts to the Olympic Committee and may be reallocated among other teams. The government will then provide funding to match up to 5% of team expenses or the amount needed to reach 100% funding, whichever is smaller."

I think the answer to this question is incorrect because it does not take into account the reallocation of excess money from other sports prior to (government will then..) the government funding. The excess is enough that none of the sports will need the maximum..
tim
Course Students

Re: Country P’s Olympic Committee

by tim Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:40 pm

please post the entire question and answer choices (you may want to include a screenshot) so we can help you and other students can benefit from the explanation as well..
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html
JbhB682
Course Students

by JbhB682 Wed May 24, 2017 10:41 pm

Bumping up this one : the source here is MGMAT CAT 1 exam ...IR Question : 7 / 12 titled " Olympic Funding 1"

Providing the source as i am not sure how to post a screenshot in this thread and posting the question is not feasible

Bumping up the thread to ask the following question :

The solution only looks at Gymnastics | Soccer and Track and Field

Question : why not look at Swimming | Tennis.... Are these fields not "over funded" too as the govt does not have to cover 5 % but less than 5 % ...wouldn't the difference between 5 % and what they actual cover (in the case for Tennis, 4 % only) --- be funds that will be distributed

Thank you !
RonPurewal
Students

by RonPurewal Fri May 26, 2017 11:29 pm

JbhB682 Wrote:Bumping up this one : the source here is MGMAT CAT 1 exam ...IR Question : 7 / 12 titled " Olympic Funding 1"

Providing the source as i am not sure how to post a screenshot in this thread and posting the question is not feasible

you need to post the question in its entirety.

you can embed an image in your post by using the "insert image" button -- it looks like a little picture frame, with the sun and some mountains in it.
for me it's the third button from the right, but, i'm not sure if you have all the same buttons i do.

if you can't get that to work, you can always just upload the screen shot to an image-hosting site (e.g., postimage.org), and then post the direct link here.
(if you use postimage.org, the direct link will be the SECOND link on the list that comes up once the picture has finished uploading.)