Does the conclusion escape you? Has understanding the tone of the passage gotten you down? Get help here.
JbhB682
Course Students

CR Manhattan Guide 6, Page 75, Question 5

by JbhB682 Tue May 02, 2017 10:31 pm

Sania: The newest workers in the workforce are the most effective digital marketing employees because they are more likely to use social networking websites and tools themselves.

Carlos: But effective digital marketing also requires very technical expertise, such as search engine optimization, that is best learned on the job via prolonged exposure and instruction.

Carlos responds to Sania by

(A) demonstrating that Sania's conclusion is based upon evidence that is not relevant to the given situation
(B) questioning the accuracy of the evidence presented by Sania in support of her conclusion
(C) reinforcing Sania's argument by contributing an additional piece of evidence in support of her conclusion
(D) pointing out differences in the qualifications desired by different employers seeking digital marketing employees
(E) providing an additional piece of evidence that undermines a portion of Sania's claim

----------------

[size=100][/size]

Hi - I was able to eliminate A/ B and C ...but i eventually chose D (OA is E)

Following were my reasons

a) Carlos was pointing out differences in terms of technical skills (qualifications) which option D was talking about
b) I did not like E because while Carlos did introduce new information, i felt he undermined Sania entirely and not "a portion" ...

Any suggestions on how i am thinking through this incorrectly

Thank you !
RonPurewal
Students

Re: CR Manhattan Guide 6, Page 75, Question 5

by RonPurewal Fri May 05, 2017 4:59 am

D should be an easy—and immediate—elimination here, because no one mentions employers at all, ever.

__

b) I did not like E because while Carlos did introduce new information, i felt he undermined Sania entirely and not "a portion" ...

^^ nah. sania's point that younger people are more likely to be conversant with social networking still stands.
JbhB682
Course Students

by JbhB682 Sun May 07, 2017 10:08 am

E -- okay so if i understand, undermining a "portion" still stands because Sania was talking about effective at using social networking websites and tool whilst Carlos was talking about something else entirely (technical skills)....hence only a "portion" is accurate ...
RonPurewal
Students

by RonPurewal Sun May 07, 2017 7:09 pm

basically, yes.

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, remember that you should NEVER have to nit-pick the little details of the answer choices!

the wrong answers to these problems are ALWAYS COMPLETELY wrong. there will not be wrong answers that are "almost correct, except for this one little word that's not quite right".