Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.

D day

by guest Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:18 pm

Can somebody tell me a little bit about the testing room?
Are we sitting shoulder to shoulder with another person?
how many people in a room?
if i read out loud will it bother other people?
chewing gum allowed? can i use ctrl+c and ctrl+v for copy paste on essays?
is the room hot or cold?
how comfy are the chairs?

any info is appreciated. I remember first time i took the SAT i couldnt concnetrate cause some guy in front of me kept passing gas and wasnt prepared to be sitting so close to other students. for this test i want to be ready for the WORST of circumstances.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:45 pm

The rooms typically have about 15 or 20 seats. The desks line 3 walls of the room and they are little cubicles, so you can't see the people next to you.

You aren't permitted to read aloud - if you do, they will kick you out. You also cannot chew gum (or eat or drink anything). The only 2 things you can bring into the room with you are your ID and the key to your locker (which is where you'll leave all of your other possessions). They also do should have earplugs available for you in case you're worried about others making noise.

I believe you can use the shortcuts for copying and pasting, but I can't actually remember from the last time I was there!

The room temp is generally moderate, but I'm sure some people think the same room is too hot while others think it's too cold. Wear layers (t-shirt and sweatshirt or sweater).

The chairs are not horrible, but they're not particularly comfortable either. Make sure you stretch on the break.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep