Verbal question you found somewhere else? General issue with idioms or grammar? Random verbal question? These questions belong here.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

December holiday schedule

by StaceyKoprince Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:59 pm

Hi, all! FYI on the forum schedule over the holidays:

We will be answering posts through December 21st. We'll be back at our desks and ready to post again on January 3rd.

In other words, between December 22nd and January 2nd, instructors will not be posting on the forums. In addition, we will work hard to clear the backlog as soon as we're back at our desks, but please give us a few days to get caught back up in early January.

Happy holidays!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
MdAbuAsad
Course Students

Re: December holiday schedule

by MdAbuAsad Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:22 pm

StaceyKoprince Wrote:Hi, all! FYI on the forum schedule over the holidays:

We will be answering posts through December 21st. We'll be back at our desks and ready to post again on January 3rd.

In other words, between December 22nd and January 2nd, instructors will not be posting on the forums. In addition, we will work hard to clear the backlog as soon as we're back at our desks, but please give us a few days to get caught back up in early January.

Happy holidays!

We will be answering posts through December 21st.

it seems that you mean ''We will NOT be answering posts through December 21st.'' Am I missing anything?
“The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained in sudden flight but, they while their companions slept, they were toiling upwards in the night.”
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Whit Garner
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: December holiday schedule

by Whit Garner Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:12 pm

Hi MdAbuAsad!

It seems that you're working to understand the phrasing, so I'll see if I can help! Stacey wrote this post on Dec 12th. So when she said that we'd be answering posts through Dec 21st, that meant that we would be working to get to replies up until the 21st. At that point, we would not be posting replies! So then we would NOT be answering posts from Dec 22 through to Jan 4th.

That said - as you can see, I'm responding to posts today on Dec 26! That's because I went in to double check today before I logged out, and realized that somehow I'd missed several posts from you when I checked last week! So hopefully you've been able to see my responses now!

So now, we will NOT be responding to posts from today (Dec 26) through Jan 2nd

Thank you for your patience and checking in!
:)
Whit
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw