If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
liu1993918
Students

Do I need to explain my gap time?

by liu1993918 Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:20 am

Hi, instructors.
I have graduated from university since July. I did not try to find a job after graduation, but focus on my application to grad school.
I am worried my gap time will weaken my profile.
Can you tell me whether I need to explain my gap time in optional essay, clarifying why I did not apply for grad school in junior year?
Or should I clarify this in Personal Statement?

Thanks in advance.

BTW. Will you evaluate a profile from applicant other than MBA?
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Do I need to explain my gap time?

by mbamissionjenK Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:57 pm

Hi there,

It will always be a good idea to explain any gaps in employment/life when applying to graduate school. Schools want to know what you've been doing with your time, and what you'll do until the program actually starts. And to be honest, it can sometimes be challenging to apply from a position of unemployment, though it may depend upon the program and your situation etc. But likely you'd want to do something before the program starts right so maybe you'll find employment, or could at least look into a volunteering opp or internship, or do some research??

We do help clients to other Masters degrees in the business field, or data analytics, finance etc, just let us know what you are interested in.
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php