Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
rahul.gmat

do u get to confirm your selected ans on last ques on GMAT

by rahul.gmat Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:28 pm

I have read in a prep guide by another company that on the last ques of english or verbal, first pick the ans and then think coz even if time ends the test asks "would you like to confirm your ans" on which one should always click yes coz better wrong than empty. That way one is never penalized for time out. could you please confirm this?
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:15 pm

Yes, if you're low on time, do put something in while you try to solve your last one, just to make sure you have an answer in if time does run out.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
Gmat2Go

by Gmat2Go Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:23 pm

Do you need to pick an answer, click confirm (but not click NEXT) or else the test won't take it? I picked an answer on my MGMAT cat exam, didn't select confirm, and the test came back and showed that I didn't choose an answer.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:38 pm

The last I heard, the official test will accept whatever you have put in even if you do not have a chance to confirm it. But this could change, or it may already have changed - it's not something they publicize and they won't announce it if they do change it. We'll just have to figure it out via experience.

If you're really concerned about it, I'd suggest emailing them and asking; they may tell you. You can contact them via www.mba.com. I'll also ask our curriculum director if he's heard any recent intelligence.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
GMAT-7/2/07

Last Question

by GMAT-7/2/07 Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:57 pm

I took the GMAT today, ran short on time, selected an answer on the last question, but did not hit next or confirm. I didn't get an option to confirm my answer choice. Thus, make sure you leave enough time to click next and confirm ("yes").
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:39 pm

If you run out of time, the machine definitely won't ask you to confirm - but if you have something in, again, I believe they do accept it.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
erdnah

by erdnah Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:02 pm

Today, I did MGMAT CAT 3. I had no time to confirm my last answer in quant, and the test ended with the message "no time left". I thought I could go on with verbal, but it said to me that the test is over?! Now, I don't even have a score for the quant part :( Is there a chance to correct this @MGMAT, or could you tell me if I perhaps made a mistake?!
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:47 pm

I'll ask IT to help you out - I'm not sure!

Also, you can email tech support yourself if you want: techsupport@manhattangmat.com
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
sedla
ManhattanGMAT Staff

MGMAT CAT 3

by sedla Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:04 am

erdnah

I'm taking a look at your exam. I will contact you by email to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Sam

MGMAT -IT