If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
Vijayav202
Forum Guests

DOCTOR FOR MBA

by Vijayav202 Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:21 am

Hey,

I am an Indian citizen who graduated from medical school UK(Royal College of surgeons). I got a job soon after I graduated but I had to move back to India due to some personal family issues. Since then I worked with my father in his small real estate company that had been in a bad place due to recession. It has been 4 years but now am looking to get an MBA in healthcare management and go into hospital administration and maybe in a few years start my own Palliative care center. I was wondering what are my chances of getting into a good MBA program? Is there any chance that I could get in with a good GMAT score or will the fact that I have no hospital experience after I graduated affect my application?

Any advice

Thank you:)
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: DOCTOR FOR MBA

by mbamissionjenK Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:46 am

Hello,
Hmm, tough call; would you describe yourself as having full time work experience of some kind or no?? That may be one big factor. If not, it could be quite tough, as b-schools want their students to have a variety of professional experiences to draw from within the classroom.
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php