Math problems from the *free* official practice tests and
problems from mba.com
AlexandraO504
Course Students

FDP help

by AlexandraO504 Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:05 am

Hello,

I have just finished reading through the FDPs strategy guide and I am still a little uncertain about how to handle certain higher level percentage and fraction problems. I just wanted to check whether there were any drill sheets available or particular resources within Interact that you would recommend for me to check out?

Thanks!
Sage Pearce-Higgins
Forum Guests

Re: FDP help

by Sage Pearce-Higgins Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:02 pm

It rather depends on your level and experience. Although the FDP guide has lots of good strategies and approaches, the real challenge is to apply those strategies and approaches to actual GMAT problems. If you haven't done a practice test yet, then I would strongly recommend that you do so. Also, doing problems from the Official Guide Review is also useful, particularly if you time yourself so that you get an experience of working under pressure and taking guesses if you need to.

Remember that being consistent at the lower-level GMAT problems is the most important thing, so that it's not really worth studying harder resources until you're scoring perhaps 46+ in the quant section. Once you are, then I'd recommend using the Manhattan Prep mobile app, the FDP homework bank, and perhaps the Advanced Quant book.