Verbal questions from any Manhattan Prep GMAT Computer Adaptive Test. Topic subject should be the first few words of your question.
sudhanshu.jha03
Forum Guests

From comic artist Mark Tatulli's witty observations

by sudhanshu.jha03 Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:06 am

Guys,
I have a problem in this ques.

From comic artist Mark Tatulli's witty observations about the American obsession with all things Hollywood have emerged Heart of the City, a series centered on celebrity gossip and popular movies that are inspiring readers to send record volumes of fan mail to newspapers across the country.

(A) things Hollywood have emerged Heart of the City, a series centered on celebrity gossip and popular movies that are inspiring
(B) things Hollywood has emerged Heart of the City, a series centered on celebrity gossip and popular movies that is inspiring
(C) things that are related to Hollywood has emerged Heart of the City, a series centered on celebrity gossip and popular movies that inspire
(D) Hollywood things have emerged Heart of the City, a series centered on celebrity gossip and popular movies that are inspiring
(E) Hollywood things have emerged Heart of the City, a series centered on celebrity gossip and popular movies that inspire

OA is B....btI beleive in B --"popular movies that is inspiring" is wrong ..it should be ..that are..
Bt in official reasoning it is written that antecedent of "that" is Heart of the city

as far as i know...that qualifies the noun just before it....
So i think C is better ans..

plz suggest.
ChrisB
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: From comic artist Mark Tatulli's witty observations

by ChrisB Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:20 pm

Hi,

Please provide the question source and problem number (if applicable).

Thanks,
Chris
Chris Brusznicki
MGMAT Instructor
Chicago, IL
waldong
Students

by waldong Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:01 am

Hey sudhanshu, I also fell for option C for this answer.

you can find the explanation and further discussion here:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/knewton-free-test-doubt-90842.html?highlight=Heart+of+the+city

hope this helps.
tim
Course Students

by tim Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:33 pm

Let us know if you have any further questions. Please note that we will not answer further questions without a source for the problem..
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html