If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
BrazilianWarrior
Forum Guests

Getting into INSEAD at age of 33

by BrazilianWarrior Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:41 pm

Dear all, I am currently finishing my preparations to apply for the INSEAD MBA and I would like to check my odds considering my advanced age.

I am turning 33 in February, Brazilian, Senior Manager in Accenture Brazil with considerable international experience. I don't have my GMAT score yet, but I'm considering applying for Round 1. My main motivation is to move from Supply Chain consulting to a strategy consulting firm in Brazil.

I know that INSEAD, IMD, IE and LBS are more tolerable with "old" applicants than US schools.

Considering that I will achieve a reasonable GMAT score, what are my chances to get into INSEAD considering my age?

Many thanks in advance guys.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Getting into INSEAD at age of 33

by mbamissionjenK Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:59 pm

Hi there,

Well good luck on the GMAT first and foremost! ;) While a great score may not get you in per se, a low score could hold you back from admission. Beyond that, schools will generally say they won't hold 'age' against you per se, but you would be more experienced than the typical student so it would be even more important for you to make a strong case for WHY you need the MBA (showing that you know exactly how and why it will benefit you), and why NOW is the right time in your career to study for it, and also show a connection with the school. Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php