The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
luhar210
Students

GMAT 690 (QUANT 51 VERBAL 31)

by luhar210 Wed May 11, 2011 8:19 am

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. Wrote my GMAT today. Scored 690 (51 in quant and 31 in verbal). Is this a reasonable score to apply in B-schools?

Schools where I am thinking to apply are CBS (J term), ISB and Insead.

Looking forward to your valuable guidance

Thanks and Regards
Rahul
gokyada
Course Students

Re: GMAT 690 (QUANT 51 VERBAL 31)

by gokyada Wed May 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Congratulations!! You scored very good and for sure apply. I took my exam today and miserably failed. I was scoring around 600 in mgmat tests. (Q 47, V27). In real I got Q 48 and V15. Just exhausted after Math. Any suggestions on what I need to do? I knew, I was not prepared well for verbal, but did not expect to be exhausted and score so bad. Atleast, around 27 would have been much better :-(
luhar210
Students

by luhar210 Thu May 12, 2011 12:46 am

gokyada Wrote:Congratulations!! You scored very good and for sure apply. I took my exam today and miserably failed. I was scoring around 600 in mgmat tests. (Q 47, V27). In real I got Q 48 and V15. Just exhausted after Math. Any suggestions on what I need to do? I knew, I was not prepared well for verbal, but did not expect to be exhausted and score so bad. Atleast, around 27 would have been much better :-(

Hi There,

Thanks for your reply

Well you are aware of the fact that you are weak in verbal. Your quant score is really good. I would say just give more concentrated efforts for verbal. Try to study verbal early in the morning. It helps a lot. Even i scored quite less than what i was expecting.

During the exam, even i felt exhausted after i finished quant. I realized what my mistake was. While i was preparing for GMAT, i didn't give a single test in the same fashion as GMAT is conducted. I was more casual and that was one of the biggest mistake. Had i given the tests more sincerely, my score would have been different. So please ensure that you follow the same pattern for each and every test. This will prepare you both mentally and physically. I beleive GMAT is an exam which tests not only your knowledge but also your endurance.

All the best

Regards
Rahul
NileshM959
Prospective Students

by NileshM959 Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:20 am

Hi Luhar210,

Today, I appeared for GMAT and scored exactly the same score as yours. Q51 and V31. I will be applying to ISB, Carnegie Mellon, and few othr US colleges.

Can you share your experience regarding applications. Is not having a balanced course a big disadvantage?
How much is overall application affected due to this score?

Where did u finally join? :)