Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
AnkitP560
Course Students

GMAT CAT Analysis

by AnkitP560 Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:07 am

Hello there!
Namaskaar!

I had taken my first Manhattan CAT in July 23 with scoring 640 (Q44 V34).

Then I followed Interact Syllabus. Completed all the homework mentioned. And practised few more questikns from the GMAT Club as well. After completing session 5, I took another Manhattan CAT last Saturday , Sept 19, to end with the same score, 640 ( Q45 V33). I am not being able to understand what went wrong in the study.

I performed poorly on RC questions, all difficulty level. And, I missed 700-800 level, and some 600-700 level, SC questions, even from the topics I learnt. Similar issues in other sections as well.

So can you please suggest me a specific strategy to increase my score? How should I study from Interact and Guides, I mean, how to allot my study time to understanding concept, prcticing questions ( when to go from easy to harder questions), and moving to another concept. I have omly 6 weeks left for the Gmat prep, and my target score is 730.

Please show the path...!

[And how can I download my assessment report and the details of CAT?]

Thank you.

Best
Ankit.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: GMAT CAT Analysis

by StaceyKoprince Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:57 pm

Hi!

First, read these two articles:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/blog/what-the-gmat-really-tests/
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/blog/the-second-level-of-learning-to-take-the-gmat/
Think about how what you've been doing does and doesn't match up with that and how you may need to change your approach accordingly. Let me know what you think.

And second, have you completed the full CAT analysis that is listed in your syllabus for session 6 (when the second practice test is assigned)? You may not have seen these tasks yet, since you took a CAT after session 5—so just jump ahead in your syllabus to session 6 and look in the Practice Exams section to see what I'm talking about.

It's going to take you several hours to complete the analysis but, when you do, you'll have organized the question types and content areas into several "buckets" (the instructions will explain what these are and how to do the analysis to create them). After you've done that, come back here and tell us what your buckets are.

And then we'll use all of that to figure out the best path forward for you!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep