Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.

GMAT Dates

by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:49 pm

I am in the DC area and looking for exam dates in the DC Area. I have selected up to 4 closest centers and checked what do I have between Jun 08-Aug 08. To my utter astonishment, there was a not a single day that showed anything available other than 8 am. I am NOT a morning person and even if I forced myself to sleep well ahead of time, I would still need to get up at 6 and be there at the testing center by 7 30 or so as the beltway sucks or Metro takes time. The only other option is spending the night in a next door hotel. Has any one noticed this? Does this mean that every one else is taking the test? What ever!

by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:20 am

There are afternoon slots open in Apr and May. Is there a time period when the afternoon slots open up? like 60 days before the test date?
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:20 pm

I'm with you - I could never take the test at 8a!! Different centers have different policies, so give the centers near you a call and ask. It's typically the case that the first time released is 8am. As you get closer to the test dates, more times generally open up. It's usually best to schedule the test anywhere from 1 to 3 months out, depending upon how flexible your schedule is.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep

by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:11 pm

called the center. lady says call 800 number for all scheduling. The dude on the 800 line says, we dont control them, Its all online. What you see is whats available. This is ludacris
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:28 pm

Annoying. Just keep checking back every week. If you can be somewhat flexible with regard to the day of the week, you only need to sign up 3-6 weeks in advance.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep