Experiencing a writing block? Why don't you try clearing it up in here!
GMAT 5/18

GMAT Prep essays

by GMAT 5/18 Sun May 13, 2007 12:45 am

Hi,

This question is for people who have used the Gmat Prep software provided by mba.com.

Does anyone know how to retrieve the essays you write when taking the Gmat Prep practice exams? I was hoping to post those on this website to get some feedback, but it looks like I am able only to view the Quant and Verbal questions (and my responses to them) - is there any way I can view the essays I wrote?

Please let me know. Thank you!
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Tue May 15, 2007 1:38 am

Don't know the answer to your question - anyone else?
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
sedla
ManhattanGMAT Staff

GMAT PREP Software

by sedla Tue May 15, 2007 1:41 pm

Hi

Unfortunately, the GMAT Prep Software provided by mba.com does not allow you to view the essays. The do however give you the option when you are writing the essays to copy the text into an external program like Notepad. They are not very clear about this, so I'd have to say that you have lost your essay if you did not save them using the method that I just described.

I hope this helps.

Sam
GMAT 5/18

by GMAT 5/18 Tue May 15, 2007 6:14 pm

Thank you, Sam. That definitely helps. Looks like I have lost my essays. Pity too, they were masterful pieces of art. Oh well, now the world will never know.
wayne.colquitt
Forum Guests

Re: GMAT Prep essays

by wayne.colquitt Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:39 am

In the Analytical Writing Assessment section of the GMAT, the GMAT test taker is presented with two essay topics, one of which requires an Analysis of an Argument and the other of which requires an Analysis of an Issue. The GMAT test taker is given 30 minutes for each essay to read and understand the essay topic and related questions, brainstorm a response and finally type and submit an essay into the testing computer.