Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
ilakshmir
Course Students

GMAT prep: Reset and retake

by ilakshmir Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:20 am

Has anyone tried taking more than 2 tests with GMAT prep by uninstalling and reinstalling the software? Do you see enough of new questions to make the effort worthwhile?

Thanks.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: GMAT prep: Reset and retake

by StaceyKoprince Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:30 pm

Most people see some repeats, though some people see only a few while others see a lot. Part of it depends upon how much you've improved since the last time you took it (because then you'd see more new questions).

You can still take both GMATPrep and MGMAT CATs after they start repeating as long as you follow a few guidelines to minimize the chance of artificially inflating your score via question repeats. First, anytime you see a problem that you remember (and this means: I know the answer or I'm pretty sure I remember the answer, not just "hmm, this looks familiar..."), immediately look at the timer and make yourself sit there for the full length of time for that question type. This way, you don't artificially give yourself more time than you should have. Second, think about whether you got this problem right the last time. If you did, get it right again this time. If you didn't, get it wrong again. If you *completely honestly* think that you would get it right this time around if it were a new question (even though you got it wrong last time) because you've studied that area and improved, then get it right this time.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
DivyaK567
Students

by DivyaK567 Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:46 am

Hi

NEED URGENT ADVICE

I took Gmat Prep (Exam1,2), Exam Pack 1(Exam3,4), and Exam Pack 2(Exam 5). Still have to take one last one.
But, I want to reset Gmat Prep. ONLY. Will it reset my Exam Pack 1 and 2 too? I do not want to RESET other exams.

I want to reset Exam1 and Exam2. Not 3,4,5. Please advice.
Thanks much in advance.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:12 pm

I do not know, unfortunately. I would recommend calling the customer service phone number for GMAC.
https://www.mba.com/us/service/contact-us.aspx

In other GMAC products, I know that you can't reset just part of the material; you have to reset everything. So that makes me think that the same would be true of GMATPrep—although it's possible that the two free exams are treated differently, since the four paid exams are downloaded separately.

Good luck—let us know what you hear!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep