Verbal problems from the *free* official practice tests and
problems from mba.com
tg197817
Forum Guests

GMAT score 770: Thanks a lot

by tg197817 Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:43 am

Hi,

I want to thank this forum for helping me to score 770 on my GMAT last week.
I was a passive member of this forum but was able to increase my score from 680 (verbal 30: quant 50) to 770 (quant 51, verbal: 45) within a month by putting more emphasis on my SC and CR.

Thanks Ron, Stacey and others who helped to make this forum a successful forum for GMAT aspirants.

To sum up my experiences, maths was pretty easy, I dont remember if I was stuck at any question. Once I was shocked to see simple ratio problem at my 28 th question, but immediately after that I got a probability question that relaxed me. Quant was pretty simple, DS was also ok. I got 2 quant questions which are already rpesent in this forum, one was related to factors of prime number p and p^2.

Verbal was tough, or may be I was doing good in my initial 10-15 questions, I got my 14th question of type boldface which gave me lot of confidence. At one moment, I was short of time as questions were becoming really tough, CR was killing, I remember one weaken question where all were strengthening, not even irrelevant.

RC was equally tough, I feel RC is becoming more like CR as I got only 1 question of type "According to passage".. all others are inference or purpose passage. There were 3 short passages and one long one.. last passage was killing, I just answered by POE and other tactics.. I was short of time so not able to correctly answer last 2 questions, I just mark answers within 10 seconds, otherwise I thought I would have got 780+. Overall, efforts paid off and I got Quant 51: verbal: 45 , GMAT 770 score.

SCs were equally tough with combination of different types of problems.. but lots of parallelism questions.. I remember there were 1-2 meaning questions where you have to rule out choices based on meaning.

I felt boldface questions are pretty easy compared to other CR...
I am not sure if this is the right forum, but since I was only using GMAT prep forum so adding this post here.

I would like to thank this forum that helped me a lot to get this score.

Great work , guys....

-TG
RonPurewal
Students

Re: GMAT score 770: Thanks a lot

by RonPurewal Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:09 am

congratulations.
anoo.anand
Students

by anoo.anand Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:16 am

Congrats :) and thaks for sharing ur experience...
Ben Ku
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by Ben Ku Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:18 am

thanks for sharing!
Ben Ku
Instructor
ManhattanGMAT