Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
WendyL348
Forum Guests

【GMAT TEST QUESTION LEAK】is this true?

by WendyL348 Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:46 am

As I'm preparing GMAT test, I notice a WeChat Account publish real GMAT questions. And according to the account, the questions have appeared in recent GMAT tests. Is this illegal? I'm wondering should I report this to GMAC???

Even if you don't read Chinese, you can see the English questions.
[DELETED BY STACEY]
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: 【GMAT TEST QUESTION LEAK】is this true?

by StaceyKoprince Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:21 pm

This is extremely illegal. Do not go on the site again. And, yes, alert GMAC.

The organization will be caught (GMAC has software that searches the internet for its content) and anyone who has been shown to use the site will be banned from taking the GMAT. If you have reported this to GMAC, then you can show that you were not intending to cheat.

I deleted the links without clicking on them myself. For future, if you ever come across such information, please do not follow the links / do not go on sites claiming to have live GMAT questions.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
WendyL348
Forum Guests

by WendyL348 Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:39 pm

StaceyKoprince Wrote:This is extremely illegal. Do not go on the site again. And, yes, alert GMAC.

The organization will be caught (GMAC has software that searches the internet for its content) and anyone who has been shown to use the site will be banned from taking the GMAT. If you have reported this to GMAC, then you can show that you were not intending to cheat.

I deleted the links without clicking on them myself. For future, if you ever come across such information, please do not follow the links / do not go on sites claiming to have live GMAT questions.

Thank you a lot. Just send a report to GMAC. But one of my study buddy alerted GMAC a few weeks ago, and GMAC didn't reply at all.......Seems GMAC just don't care :|
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:06 pm

Oh, they definitely care. They're just not going to tell us what they do to combat these kinds of things—that would make it easier for people to cheat in future.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep