If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
NabeelZ316
Students

good pre experience master programs in canada?

by NabeelZ316 Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:00 pm

so I've done my undergraduate in honors bba from a mediocre school in Canada. Focus of the degree was management. I have not really gained anything in terms of career and work experience. Now after 2 years I have finally decided to give my GMAT in October.

I want to go to a good grad school, select a good major that would help me achieve my goal of landing a good career.
Just trying to research about what programs I could apply to.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: good pre experience master programs in canada?

by mbamissionjenK Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:07 am

Hi there,

So are you interested in something like a Masters in Management, which would be "pre-experience" if that is what you are describing? Or an MBA? What sort of longer term career do you envision? What are you looking for in the degree? Answering those types of questions would greatly help me but more importantly, help YOU to make those decisions...

All the best!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
NabeelZ316
Students

by NabeelZ316 Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:21 am

mbamissionjenK Wrote:Hi there,

So are you interested in something like a Masters in Management, which would be "pre-experience" if that is what you are describing? Or an MBA? What sort of longer term career do you envision? What are you looking for in the degree? Answering those types of questions would greatly help me but more importantly, help YOU to make those decisions...

All the best!

Hi Jennifer.
Yes, so something like a Masters in Management, which falls in ' pre experience ' category. I dont think I have a really good chance of going into an MBA given a low GPA and lack of work experience. My goal is really just to be have a strong career for myself within the corporate sector. I would like to work for a tech company or consumer goods company in a marketing, consultancy or data anlytics role.
I am open to a lot of roles. I just really want to figure out what would be the right program for me.

Thank you
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbamissionjenK Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Ok, yes, I agree I think a Masters in Management program could be a good option for you. Have a search for articles and info on that type of program; Poets and Quants has some good write-ups, and I believe the Financial Times may even do a ranking of them! And you can look at stats and profiles and employment info on specific school/program websites. Keep us posted on how we can help!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php