gp1s
Students

Guessing and Timing strategies for IR

by gp1s Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:33 pm

I have given my final Mock today and decided to Guess on Q's with 3 Yes/No or True/False sub questions. I scored 5 (7 correct) on IR in GMATPrep 2.
As expected all the 4 guesses were wrong. The 5th wrong Q was also a Table Analysis Q with 3 sub question. This table analysis i tried to solve but ended up making a wrong one after spending 3 minutes.
My plan is to do a blind guess on at least three IR Q's with 3 sub questions.
I can save 6 minutes and use this time to answer reaming 9 Q correctly.

I can not solve all of them in 30 minutes for sure.

Any other tried or suggested plan?
tim
Course Students

Re: Guessing and Timing strategies for IR

by tim Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:09 am

not if you've given your final practice test today. it sounds like you've determined that you are going to have to guess on some questions, and your guessing strategy sounds as good as any. you certainly don't want to change strategies this late in the game, especially if you won't be taking any more practice tests..
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html
gp1s
Students

by gp1s Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:11 am

I took the exam and scored a meager 640 (Q47, V31). I am waiting for my IR and AWA result. I am planning to give the exam again sometime before Nov 15. I felt that 30 minutes are indeed less time to try all the 12 Q's. So, what's the suggestion for next try?
tim
Course Students

by tim Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:39 pm

first, make sure you've done all the prep work you can for IR - read our book, watch the online workshop, and do a couple of IR sections in practice tests. after that, if you're still unable to deal with the 30 minute time frame, go back to the questions you've done and ask yourself what kept you from doing them in 2.5 minutes. you may be taking too long to read and interpret the question, too long to process the question, or something else. once you've figured out why you're not hitting your timing benchmarks a solution may become obvious; if not, post here again and we'll see what we can do to help you..
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html