Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
ChristyL64
Course Students

"HARDER" Quant in Syllabus too hard!

by ChristyL64 Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:42 am

Hey y'all

I'm studying using the syllabus, and now that I'm transitioning in to the "Harder Quant" portion, I'm realizing these problems are too hard for me. Where can I find a list of easy to moderate Quant and Verbal problems, where I can just start cranking out these in the Navigator tool?

Thank you!!
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: "HARDER" Quant in Syllabus too hard!

by StaceyKoprince Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:48 pm

I assume that you have already done the "main" OG homework assignments? (The ones not labeled easier or harder—so those are the more medium-level ones.)

If you are at the stage that you've already completed those, then I actually *do not* want you to just go look at the list of, say, all Algebra Inequalities problems and just crank them all out in a row. This is far easier than what the test does (mixing everything up), and so you won't actually be pushing yourself as hard as you need to.

Instead, do mixed problem sets where you literally don't even know what you're getting from problem to problem—you have to figure it out each time...ie, exactly how the test will work, too.

For all OG except RC, the higher the question number in that chapter, the harder the problem. So the medium-level problems are literally the ones in the middle of the chapter (and the easier ones are earlier and the harder ones are later). RC doesn't follow this because the problems are grouped by passage (so you have a mix of difficulties in one passage).

You can read more about creating problem sets here:
http://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2017/01/ ... est-part-1

This takes people through how to make problem sets at different stages of study, so just read until you get to your current stage and then start doing what it says. :)

Take a look and let me know if you have any questions. And let me know how it goes!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
ChristyL64
Course Students

by ChristyL64 Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:47 pm

Hey Stacy! Thanks for your reply. When you say "Main OG" homework assignments - what do you mean by that? Are these the "Official Guide Problem Sets" (that 34 page doc)

Thank you for your prompt reply!
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:21 pm

The problems that are assigned as homework on your syllabus. The system is telling me that you are a course student, yes? So every week, you have certain problems assigned—those are the main OG assignments. You also have the option to add in Easier or Harder OG problems—you choose based on your strengths and weaknesses for the different assignments.

If you aren't sure what I'm talking about, call the office (800.576.GMAT) and ask them to walk you through your homework syllabus!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep