Discuss the pros and cons of individual programs, and their admissions criteria, with your peers here.
FabianA120
Forum Guests

Harvard MBA 2+2, am I the right profile? Help please

by FabianA120 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:53 am

Hi,

I would like to apply to the Harvard 2+2 MBA this year, but I would like to have your opinion about my chances. Thank you in advance.

I am a 23 years old French student. Currently, I am doing an SM in Electrical Engineering & Computer Science at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
I have also a M.Sc. from Cambridge in Mechanical Engineering and BA from Toulouse University. In all this places I have been among the best students and with a GPA > 3.7.
In Toulouse I have been also one of the major rappresentative of my, big, university. During my life also before university I have been the leader of many activities, often sports-related. In these last year I have been member of many finance-consulting club. I have really strong recommendations letters where my abilities and my leadership skills are well highlighted, however, the letters come from Toulouse mainly because there I spent 4 years and in the other places 1 years so I didn't deeply known a Professor as I did in Toulouse.
My GMAT is 740.
I have many awards and scholarships and two award as Research Fellow of 80K at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
I have been a research assistant for almost two years.

Honestly I think that I have two problems, the first is that I have never done an internship and the second is that I can't ask a letter to my current advisor at MIT because he doesn't like the fact that I am going to do an MBA, so it's risky.

Do you think that I could be a strong candidate or do you think that from your knowledge the probability that I will enter are low? How much in your opinion?

Thank you guys in advance, I really appreciate any opinion