If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
tanvi_agt
Prospective Students

Help Much Appreciated

by tanvi_agt Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi,

I have my GMAT on 27th of this month. I am not able to score more than 670-680. Although when I solve the questions after the test, I can solve most of them. I am highly doubtful about high score and I feel utterly demoralized. : ( Here is my question:
In case I score just a 650 what are my chances of getting into the top 30-35 US B schools? I am targetting Purdue Krannert, Ohio State Fisher and similar schools.

A quick overview of my profile
5 years+ experience (Senior Software Engineer, currently located in the US) includes international (onsite) experience
27 year old Indian female
Engg undergrad GPA: Approx. 3.45

Please reply !
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Help Much Appreciated

by mbamissionjenK Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:56 pm

Hi there,

Well first of all let's get that positive attitude going! ;) 5 days til test day, right... you GOT THIS!! You can do it! Keep in mind it's common to improve over your highest practice test score on the real thing. And going in expecting to not do so hot can actually bring you down.... so at least err on the side of thinking positive! ;)

You may still be competitive at some of those schools with 650+ worse case scenario; keep in mind the GMAT is not EVERYTHING-- the rest of your application and what you bring to the program is so important too... but the closer you are to the school average the more comfortable you would feel.

Good luck to you!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
tanvi_agt
Prospective Students

by tanvi_agt Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:47 pm

Thanks Jennifer !
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbamissionjenK Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:03 pm

You are most welcome.
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php