If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
Anirudhk652
Forum Guests

Help Needed

by Anirudhk652 Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:39 am

Hi Sir

I really need your suggestion over this. I was planning for US MBA and not I am stuck.
I started preparing for GMAT last September and joined a reputed coaching class. Completed all their materials and followed everything.

In the last month I gave 4 GMAT Prep papers and score 690,690,690,660. Then I appeared for actual GMAT on 23rd sept and score only 570 and felt devastated. From that day I did nothing till now. PS “ I cancelled my score”. I don’t know what went wrong. Everybody says it was just a bad day.But I don’t know.

I have average academics.
10th : 86%
12th : 74 %
Engineering : 74% and two years of experience in an IT MNC.

I have few questions

1. Should I give GMAT again this month and apply for round 2 ?
2. If I again have a GMAT disaster then my GMAT profile will be ruined with two cancellations
3. Do I have enough time for round 2

Or I should take a fresh start from January and apply next year.Postponing it for another year is troubling me day and night.

Please help
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Help Needed

by mbamissionjenK Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:12 am

Hi there,

That is quite a drop from your practice test scores, yes. Did you run out of time at the end by chance? Did you get very anxious, or allocate your time poorly such as spending too long on certain q's?

Generally if you scored 690 ish on PT's you should be capable of that, if the PTs were reputable. I would DEF re-take. Is it possible before R2, sure. In terms of applying now vs next year, that may depend more on where you are at in your career, and what you could do professionally in the coming year etc.

Good luck and go for that next attempt with some additional prep!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
Anirudhk652
Forum Guests

by Anirudhk652 Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:09 am

Hi,

I had given 14 tests + four GMAT prep tests. I was pretty aware of testing situations. I did not run out of time. During quant i felt i am getting easy questions . However when verbal started i felt i am going good. I was able to solve SC and CR. also RC went good because i got a RC known and solved already before. No panic.totally happy mood.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbamissionjenK Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:36 pm

Gotcha. And how was the quant vs verbal split. In any case, was this your first ACTUAL exam, not sure I am clear on that... if so I would still support giving it one more shot asap!! Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php