Verbal problems from the *free* official practice tests and
problems from mba.com
nikhilgupta2020
Students

How do I improve my verbal score from 30 to 40?

by nikhilgupta2020 Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:40 am

Hi ,

I recently gave my GMAT and scored 690( M: 51 and V: 30). However, I feel I can easily improve my verbal score. Out of the 6 mocks I gave, I scored V:36 ( on the 4 MGMAT tests) and V:34( on the 2 powerprep tests). Even after going through the MGMAT SC guide, I am weak in SC. Please point out how can I improve my SC score.

Thanks,
Nikhil
venkhatapriya
Students

Re: How do I improve my verbal score from 30 to 40?

by venkhatapriya Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:46 am

LOL
wish i knew !!
RonPurewal
Students

Re: How do I improve my verbal score from 30 to 40?

by RonPurewal Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:55 am

nikhilgupta2020 Wrote:Hi ,

I recently gave my GMAT and scored 690( M: 51 and V: 30). However, I feel I can easily improve my verbal score. Out of the 6 mocks I gave, I scored V:36 ( on the 4 MGMAT tests) and V:34( on the 2 powerprep tests). Even after going through the MGMAT SC guide, I am weak in SC. Please point out how can I improve my SC score.

Thanks,
Nikhil

hi - two things.

(1) we can't address a sweepingly general question such as "Please point out how can I improve my SC score." in one post.
there's a reason why we've published a 200+ page SC book, and why there are over a thousand SC-related posts in this forum!
in any case, a good piece of starting advice is the following:
* do not concentrate on grammatical names and labels; instead, concentrate on seeing a form and recognizing whether it is ok or not ok (regardless of whether you know what it is called)
* don't get too hung up on the details of any one problem
* ALWAYS try to GENERALIZE A LESSON ("takeaway") from EVERY PROBLEM. remember that studying problems does you no good if you don't learn lessons that you can then turn around and apply to OTHER problems.

(2) this is the GMATPREP VERBAL folder. it is solely dedicated to verbal problems from the official GMATPREP software, and is therefore the wrong place for a question like this.

if you have more specific questions, of the sort that are appropriate for single forum threads, please choose carefully from the available folders. thanks, and good luck.