chewsinying
Students

How to improve verbal score within a month

by chewsinying Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:04 am

Dear instructors,

I have trouble improving my verbal score. For my past GMAT exams, I keep hovering around the 30 range. I need to increase my verbal score to at least the 80 percentile range and I have only one month left to do it. Also, I realised that during the actual exam, I would end up having to rush through the last 15 questions with only around 20 mins left on the clock. However, during the beginning of the exam, I can answer the questions well and I do believe that my questions are getting harder. Probabaly that is why I take more time reading the questions to try to get them right and I ended up with less time at the end and as a result made more mistakes.

I really need your advice on how to analyse the verbal questions, especially sentence correction, both faster and more accurately instead of having to keep reading the question over and over again trying to figure out the correct answer. Also, I have completed the Official Guide and Verbal Review. Are there any more questions that I can practice on?

Thanks a lot in advance!