Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
SunilS556
Students

How to use quant/verbal review guide(not OG)

by SunilS556 Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:12 pm

Dear fellow forum members

I have gone thru the online access of Manhattan Prep instructions and they have described nicely how to use OG. However i am looking at the way verbal/quant guides can be used. Can someone please suggest on that(apologies if they are already mentioned somewhere).
Regards
SS
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: How to use quant/verbal review guide(not OG)

by StaceyKoprince Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:26 pm

You can use the quant and verbal review guides in the same general way—but we do not release a list of problem categorizations for those two smaller guides. Is that what you're looking for?

I would use them for random sets, so the categorizations don't matter. (For anyone else reading this: Really, I don't recommend buying the two smaller guides at all. Once you get to the point of wanting all-random sets, you might as well buy the official online question pack and just do your problem sets that way.)
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
JbhB682
Course Students

by JbhB682 Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:12 pm

Hi - are the answers in the back of OG quant / OG verbal guides any good ?

I bought the Manhattan GMAT navigator because the OG solutions are no good. but i notice , the navigator tool DOES NOT have solutions for the questions for the OG quant / OG verbal guides

Is it perhaps the answers for these 2 books - OG quant / OG verbal sufficient or not the best solutions ?
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:02 pm

I do not find them any better than the solutions in the big OG, no. Some are fine (or even good!). Others are...not that helpful.

As you noticed, we do not also offer Navigator solutions for those books—we only provide solutions for the big / main OG because that's the one that we use in our classes. I would google the problems for which you'd like to find better solutions. :)
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep