Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
HermioneW819
Forum Guests

I want to know how to post a new topic in GMAT verbal?

by HermioneW819 Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:40 pm

I can't find a button (Post a new topic) in Gmat verbal. It seems locked?
How can I ask question in there? Thank you!
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: I want to know how to post a new topic in GMAT verbal?

by StaceyKoprince Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:47 pm

Hi! Our own students* can post in those forums and asks questions—but other than that, the forums are read-only. (Basically, it's free to read but if you want direct student-level support yourself, then you'd need to be one of our students.)

*people taking classes, doing tutoring, or using our self-study products

You can ask me big picture / strategy-level questions for free here in this folder. If you aren't interested in becoming one of our students (which is totally fine!), I'd recommend asking your more specific questions over at GMAT Club.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
HermioneW819
Forum Guests

by HermioneW819 Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:18 am

Actually I want to buy the Online Computer Adaptive Practice Exams.
And I want to ask:
if the 6 months is dued, can I still ask questions in GMAT verbal forums?

Thank you very much!
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:42 pm

Hi! That's a great question—I don't actually know what you need to purchase in order to gain "forum-posting" status. I'll ask our tech team and get back to you as soon as I know!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:53 pm

Hi again! Just heard from our tech team and, yes, if you get the CAT exams (or another product), then you can post on the forums. Your access will be good for as long as your product is active (most of our products have expirations of either 6 months or 1 year).

(For anyone else reading this who is interested: Our classes / live event services are active for 6 months after the date of your last class / tutoring session / live event.)
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
HermioneW819
Forum Guests

by HermioneW819 Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:25 am

Thank you very much!
By the way, the aim I buy the CAT exams is not for gaining "forum-posting" status, but just for doing the exams...I'm just curious.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:50 pm

Yes, I didn't think you'd buy them just for the forums. :D The main value is in the exams themselves.

And in your Starter Kit syllabus in Atlas (our online learning platform), you'll also find videos that explain how to analyze the data in your CATs, as well as a spreadsheet to track the data / do the analysis—make sure to check those out. Good luck!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
ShubhamA201
Students

by ShubhamA201 Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:36 am

I have to ask regarding an Inference question found in one of the Manhattan CAT Tests. But I am not sure where to post the question. I did not find any button to post question. Can someone please help with it?
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:16 pm

Hi! It depends on what your "student status" is with us. If you are taking a course or doing Interact or tutoring or have purchased some other products, then you are allowed to post all of the Ask An Instructor folders for as long as your access is active (typically 6 months or 1 year from purchase, depending on the product).

If you haven't bought those products or if it was long enough ago that your access has expired, then you can't post in those other folders—you can only post here. (And I answer only bigger picture study strategy stuff here, not questions about specific problems.)

If you think that you should qualify for access but there's some kind of tech or sign-on error preventing you from being able to post, you can chat or call our student services team to troubleshoot the issue.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
ShubhamA201
Students

by ShubhamA201 Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:42 pm

Hi StaceyKoprince,

I have purchased the MGMAT CAT tests and I have doubts regarding questions from the MGMAT CAT tests I am taking. I do not want to ask randomly about any questions. I wanted to know if doubts within MGMAT CAT tests can be asked if I have purchased them. If not here, how can I reach out to MGMAT experts to clear my doubts? Just re-iterating, my doubts are specific to MGMAT questions in the tests I have purchased and I am attempting.

Thanks
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:19 pm

You should be approved to post on the forums if you have purchased our CAT exams and still have access to them (ie, it wasn't so long ago that your access has expired). So if you are not seeing a button in those folders allowing you to post, contact our student services team for help (gmat@manhattanprep.com, 800.576. GMAT in the US and Canada, or you can use the chat feature on our website—it's active at certain times of day).

If you haven't already, I would also recommend searching the forums for the text of the problems you want to discuss. You may find that someone else has already asked the question that you want to ask and then you can read the teacher's reply right away. :)
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
ShubhamA201
Students

by ShubhamA201 Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:02 am

Thanks Stacey for instant reply. Somehow chat is not working but I have mailed the issue. Agreed to your point but the questions I would like to enquire about has not been asked on the forum.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:45 pm

Yeah, the chat isn't active all the time—only at certain times.

Someone from our tech team emailed me and I know they're working on getting this figured out!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep