Does the conclusion escape you? Has understanding the tone of the passage gotten you down? Get help here.
Beatrice Michael

In 1960’s studies of rats, scientists found that crowding in

by Beatrice Michael Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:43 pm

Experts

Can you please explain if my logic in choosing B is correct

Premise : in 1960’s studies of rats  crowding caused increase in attacks in rats
Premise 2: recent experiments recent experiments attacks did
not become any more frequent

implies : the attacks or behaviors in rats = attacks in R Monkeys
implies all monkeys attacks behaviors = attacks in behaviors in R monkeys

Concl: , for any species of monkey crowding increases aggression SAME for rats
Implies rats = monkeys

Prove: R monkeys not= monkeys then done

Rhesus monkeys respond with aggression to a wider range of stimuli than any other
monkeys do. - C

is my understanding correct I feel the vvay im thinking on this is not the correct vvay to approach a problem like this

can yu please explain 1) vvhat am I missing
2) right approach

In 1960’s studies of rats, scientists found that crowding increases the number of attacks
among the animals significantly. But in recent experiments in which rhesus monkeys were
placed in crowded conditions, although there was an increase in instances of "coping"
behavior"”such as submissive gestures and avoidance of dominant individuals"”attacks did
not become any more frequent. Therefore it is not likely that, for any species of monkey,
crowding increases aggression as significantly as was seen in rats. Which of the
following, if true, most strengthens the argument?
A. All the observed forms of coping behavior can be found among rhesus monkeys living in
uncrowded conditions.
B. In the studies of rats, nondominant individuals were found to increasingly avoid dominant
individuals when the animals were in crowded conditions.
C. Rhesus monkeys respond with aggression to a wider range of stimuli than any other
monkeys do.
D. Some individual monkeys in the experiment were involved in significantly more attacks than
the other monkeys were.
E. Some of the coping behavior displayed by rhesus monkeys is similar to behavior rhesus
monkeys use to bring to an end an attack that has begun.
tim
Course Students

Re: In 1960’s studies of rats, scientists found that crowding in

by tim Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:40 am

can you point us to the source of this problem? i can't find it in our strategy guide or question banks..
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html