Math questions from any Manhattan Prep GMAT Computer Adaptive Test.
rajesh.raveendran
Students

Incorrect Answer Choice in MGMAT - CAT6

by rajesh.raveendran Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:11 am

Every Monday, Marina eats one croissant and every Tuesday she eats two croissants. On each subsequent day of the week, she eats a number of croissants equal to the sum of the croissants eaten on the two previous days, with the exception that if she eats more than four croissants on any particular day, the next day she will eat only one croissant. At the end of the week (which runs from Monday through Sunday), the cycle resets, and Marina goes back to eating one croissant on Monday, one on Tuesday, and so forth. If a particular month begins on a Wednesday, how many croissants will Marina eat on the 22nd of that month?

THE Answer for the above question is "3" but per the answer key provided after the exam, the answer is 1. Please correct.

Thanks!
nitin_prakash_khanna
Students

Re: Incorrect Answer Choice in MGMAT - CAT6

by nitin_prakash_khanna Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:55 am

You are correct Even the explanation says Answer will be 3. But then it shows Ans as 1.
I got it in my MGMAT CAT 4.
gorav.s
Course Students

by gorav.s Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:02 am

I got answer = 3
esledge
Forum Guests

by esledge Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:52 pm

Sounds like something odd happened with the answer choice settings. We'll take care of it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!
Emily Sledge
Instructor
ManhattanGMAT
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:36 pm

Hmm, that's strange. I just looked the problem up in the database and it is showing up correctly there - the explanation says 3 is the correct answer, and the problem is set to record the 3rd bubble (which is the bubble for 3) as the correct answer.

Something's clearly going wrong in the database, though - we'll forward to our tech department!

Forgot to add: could the two of you who had this error please send an email to techsupport@manhattangmat.com. Include the full name on your account as well as the email address on your account, tell us on which test and question # you saw this error, and describe precisely what you did and saw. For example: logged in, clicked on the question list, clicked "view explanation," clicked on the problem, saw answer (A) 1 listed as the correct answer instead of answer (C) 3. So, to that level of detail - we need to try to recreate the bug.

Thanks!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep