If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
kevind582
Forum Guests

INSEAD GMAT question : 650 overall but lower quant score

by kevind582 Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:30 am

Dears,

I have just taken the GMAT
I scored a 650, but my score is very unbalanced: 49% in quant, 89% verbal, AWA 92% and IR 81%.

INSEAD favor balanced scores (70/75% for each) but people tell me not to worry: my good grades (masters in international business, 3.25-4.0 GPA with honors), and my good profile should amply compensate. I have been working for 6 years, the last 3.5 years for a global bluechip company with a repsonsibility for EMEA. All in all I have lived and worked in Europe (France, Germany, U.K.) Asia Pacific (Thailand, Japan, China). I currently live in Korea. I speak 4 languages fluently and have basic proficiency in 3 others. On top of that I hold a bachelor of science and a bachelor of arts.

I really struggle with quantative and have spent a considerable time on it already. Do you believe my international profile and experience can offset the disparity in my current scores?

Thank you in advance.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: INSEAD GMAT question : 650 overall but lower quant score

by mbamissionjenK Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:38 am

Hi there,

So the good news... your profile in terms of work experience and international experience does sound quite strong!

The not as good news... your GMAT is well below the average at INSEAD, and a low quant score can be quite concerning to the schools given that b-school is very quantitative in nature (even more so in some ways than a low verbal score).

BUT... schools take the highest score, and it's quite common to take the test more than once... can you do some quant prep and re-take soon? That would really strengthen your chances!

Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
kevind582
Forum Guests

by kevind582 Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:30 am

HI Jennifer,

Thanks for the feedback.

I will retake the exam.

Best regards,

Kevin
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbamissionjenK Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:15 am

NP, good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php