Have some thoughts on your particular Instructor or Tutor? Let us know!
crolph1907

Instructor Josh Braslow

by crolph1907 Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:59 pm

Today is my last MGMAT class. Good course, and instructor Josh Braslow was excellent. He has 8 years of GMAT teaching experience and very well versed in all GMAT subject matter. He is also very good at keeping everyone in the class engaged. There are 9 class sessions, 9 online lab classes. One thing I liked was the ability to watch recorded sessions of any classes you miss. You also get a weekly 30 min session of free phone tutoring. The recordings are from the online class, and the material is pretty much the same. If anyone is considering the online class, I would also recommend it. I live an hour from the MGMAT center, and if I were to do it again, I would consider taking the online one.
I took a Princeton Review practice test last year and got a 550 without ever looking at a gmat question or having an idea of what was on the test. My first MGMAT score was 610. Second was 650, and third 680. I'm doing really bad on the quant. I got a 61%/96% on my last test. My test is scheduled 3 days from now. Wish me luck!
hsb801

gmat test

by hsb801 Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:02 pm

how did you do?

ro
Josh

Suggested Instructors

by Josh Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:27 am

I've read bio's of every instructor on the MGMAT site.

I was curious to see if anyone out there has a parcitular instructor or group of instructors that they recommend? I am fortunate enough to have some flexibility in my schedule with respect to when I can start a "Live Online" course.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:02 pm

Just an FYI that all of our instructors, after going through an incredibly rigorous hiring and training process, then have to maintain a 4.5 out of 5.0 average on the end-of-course survey questions that specifically apply to the instructor (and there are maybe 6 or 7 questions that apply only to the instructor). (You are allowed the occasional outlier, but someone follows up with that student to find out what caused the student to give a low rating - and if it keeps happening, you won't keep your job.) Every single survey gets reviewed by a team of people and we all get feedback from that team after every course - both things we did well and things we can do to improve. It's pretty intense.

I haven't worked with every one of the other instructors, but I have either taught with or watched at least 15 others, and I have yet to see anyone I wouldn't recommend to my own friends. And I'm not just saying that b/c I work here; if I didn't believe it, I just wouldn't say anything at all... :)

Part of the reason I think we all love working here is because we know the standards are so high and it's just really fantastic to know that you're working with such a high-caliber crowd. I wish all jobs could be like that (or, at least, all the ones I've had).
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep