Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Is is possible?

by StaceyKoprince Thu May 20, 2021 6:38 pm

Hi! It's possible, sure—but I can't say how likely it might be without any other information.

For example, what's your current scoring level / starting score? Have you taken a practice test?

How much time do you have to dedicate to studying each week?

How have you taken any similar standardized tests in the past? Have you mostly felt okay while studying for them or was it more of a struggle for you? (Lots of people struggle on these tests. Most people, I'd say.)

If someone told me they were currently at a 400 scoring level and wanted to get to 660-670* (a jump of 260-270 points) in 2 months, I'd say "Anything's possible, but that would be a real challenge." (*The test is scored in increments of 10 points, so you as an individual can score a 660 or a 670, but not a 665. The 665 figure is the school's average score across the students that they admit.)

If someone were currently at a 600 and looking to jump 60-70 points in 2 months, I'd say that's a reasonable goal.

If you're not sure, sign up for our free GMAT starter kit (link below), take about a week to work your way through as much of the free material as you can, and then take the free practice test that's included in the starter kit.
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/resources/

We do have paid resources of course—books, classes, self-study materials, tutoring. Our standard classes run 9 weeks but we do also have accelerated courses (2x a week) and boot camps (every day for 2 weeks), though I only recommend doing those if you are able to do a significant amount of work outside of class every week (like 20 hours a week of homework). If you want to learn more about any of those options, given your tight timeframe, I'd call our 800 number (800.576.GMAT) or use the chat feature on our website. (You can also ask me anything else you like—you'll just get faster answers from those other avenues.)
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep